Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back in business

I am finally back to life. This past week represents my first week back to being a salaried employee. Since I was able to work a full 40 hours for the week ending August 15th my supervisor agreed to my request to be salaried. Finally I feel my life is back on track after the major derailment that began nearly two years ago when I was first diagnosed with, here's a mouthful, Stage IV Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin's Lymphoma. During the two years I have battled the Hodgkin's lymphoma, had my thyroid removed due to a nodule and papillary cancer, had shingles, been divorced, filed bankruptcy, and fought a personal lawsuit involving an invalid lien placed upon my property. As if I didn't already feel like I was starting a brand new life, I receive a letter from my doctor prescribing re-vaccinations. Remember all those shots that infants receive such as hepatitis, polio, measles/mumps/rubella, and so on? Yep, I may have to receive those shots all over again. I will leave that decision to my highly trustworthy medical advisers.

Instead, I will be focusing on my return to running by attempting to complete the 3rd Annual Disneyland Half Marathon on August 31. Since my coworkers were kind enough to purchase me a stationary bike I have been able to keep my fitness levels from dropping to zero. While I may not set a personal best I am confident that I will at least complete the race within the 3 1/2 hour time limit. I sorely miss running and cannot wait to be out there pounding the pavement once again pursuing my goal of running in the Boston Marathon.

Time to check out for the evening but I will be back in business and blogging more often. Have a great night.

No comments: